The Clovis FFA
was established in 1932 and has continued with its tradition of excellence in Agriculture, Leadership, and citizenship. Agriculture Education is a multi faceted program that includes Classroom instruction, Supervised Agriculture Experience, and FFA. FFA is a National Youth Organization for high school students that focuses on developing premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agriculture events, competitions, and conferences.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship