The Junior Class of 2022 is proud to announce the details for the Clovis East High School 2021 Junior/Senior Prom, “Fire & Ice.” Please read through all the information provided below as it contains important information regarding the health and safety guidelines, testing information, academic eligibility, Dance Contract, Dress Code, and Guest Pass.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Fresno County Department of Public Health (FCDPH) released guidance for prom and other outdoor events that outlines the health and safety guidelines for each tier. With our official move into the orange tier, we can provide a memorable Prom night for our students within the blueprint CDPH/FCDPH has given us.
Current CDPH Orange Tier Guidance for Prom
- Masks are required for all attendees, including staff, students, and guests, except while eating.
- Advanced ticket reservations only, with touchless ticket scanners at the event.
- Dancing only allowed if all attendees show a negative COVID-19 test result 72 hours prior to attendance or show proof of full vaccination.
- Capacity limited to 33% but may increase to 67% if all attendees show a negative COVID-19 test result 72 hours prior to attendance or show proof of full vaccination.
- Food and drink concessions must be delivered to guests in their seats or to designated pick-up areas.
Date: Saturday, May 15, 2021
Theme: Fire & Ice
Location: Wolf Lakes Park, 11646 Ashlan Ave, Sanger, CA 93657
Venue: English Garden (Fire) & Lakeside (Ice)
Doors open at 6:00pm
Dinner service from 6:30-7:30pm
Dancing, Dessert, & Photos from 7:30-9:30pm
Cost: $75 per bid
Attendees: Eligible seniors & 1 guest or eligible juniors & 1 guest
In accordance with CDPH/FCDPH guidelines, all attendees must show a negative COVID-19 test result 72 hours prior to attendance or show proof of full vaccination. To accommodate this requirement, Clovis East High School has set aside a testing & verification window on Thursday, May 13th and Friday, Friday 14th (times TBA).
- Attendees will be provided a free COVID-19 test on May 13th or 14th. Students and guests will be given the link to signup for a testing date and time when they purchase their bid.
- Each attendee and their parent/guardian must sign the Testing Consent Form and bring it with them to the testing location at their scheduled day & time. This form will be given to attendees when they purchase their bid.
- The COVID-19 test will be administered by test certified staff members only.
- After they test, attendees must leave the area, but will be notified of their test results the same day of their test by a school official
- Any attendee who tests positive will not be permitted to attend the event. That individual will be refunded their bid purchase via check mailed out after the next check processing date.
- In accordance with current testing guidelines, a positive test cannot be challenged.
- Attendees who are fully vaccinated will also be given a link when they purchase their bid to sign up for date and time on May 13th or 14thto submit their proof of full vaccination.
- The CDC considers people fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen).
- Acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination must include the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered. These are all available as:
- Original vaccination card
- Photocopy of vaccination card
- Photo of vaccination card on a mobile device
- Documentation of vaccination from a health care provider
Each student must be in good standing to be eligible to attend. This means students:
- Are current members of the Clovis East junior or senior class.
- Do not owe any hours to the SRC.
- Did not receive more than 1 F on the most recent 12 grading period.
- Are not below a 2.0 GPA.
- Are not on the non-privilege list.
Bringing A Guest
If a student is bringing a guest, the guest must meet the following guidelines:
- Guest must be in at least 9th grade and under the age of 21 at the time of the event.
- Guests in high school must be in good standing at their school of residence.
- If the guest has already graduated high school, they must provide a photocopy of their state-issued driver’s license or identification card.
- All guests who do not attend Clovis East High School must complete the 2021 Guest Pass with all appropriate signatures before purchasing a bid.
Purchasing a Bid
To purchase a bid, students must have the following items:
- A current physical Clovis East High School student ID card. Pictures or screenshots of Student Connect will not be sufficient. A physical ID card must be presented.
- A 2021 Dance Contract signed by both student and parent/guardian.
- Payment. We accept cash, check (payable to Clovis USD), or debit/credit card.
- Only one bid per student ID. Bids are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If a student is bringing a guest from outside of Clovis East High School, a completed Guest Pass must be submitted to purchase the guest bid. Guest does not need to be present to purchase the bid.
- Guest Passes must receive final approval from the Deputy Principal. Passes may be turned in to the CE Main Office and students will be given a return time to collect them. The final day to submit Guest Passes for approval is Thursday, May 6th, at 1pm. Passes submitted after this time may not be approved in time to make bid purchases.
- Students will need to select either Fire or Ice as their dinner location. Following dinner, both groups will be free to move between the venues, but during the dinner hour when seated with no masks, students must remain at their reserved location.
Bids can be purchased from the Activities Office before school and from lunch until 4pm. Students may not leave class to purchase bids.
- Seniors will have a priority window to purchase their bids. This window will be open Wednesday, April 28th, through Friday, April 30th.
- Bids open to Juniors on Monday, May 3rd.
- The final day to purchase bids will be Friday, May 7th.
Attached are the documents you will need to prepare for Prom 2021. Please refer to the Dance Contract, Guest Pass, and Dress Code for more details. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Activities Office at 559.327.4318.
Attachments Available (see below)
CEHS Dance Contract 2021
Prom Dress Code 2021
CEHS Guest Pass
Provided At Bid Purchase:
Testing Consent Form
Larson Brothers Prom Photo Information