CART Application for 2020/21 school year will be available soon! All current Sophomores and Juniors, interested in expanding your vision?
The CART Vision is to create an environment where the students learn to use their minds well, to apply what they have learned in school to lifelong endeavors, to be technologically literate, and to develop the skills and self-confidence to succeed in a globally competitive workforce.
The Center for Advanced Reserch & Technology (CART) is the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art education reform effort at the secondary level to date. CART combines rigorous academics with technical, design, process, entrpreneurial, and critical thinking skills.
The 75,000 square foot CART facility, designed as a high performance business atmosp[here, is organized around four career clusters. They are: Professional Sciences, Engineering, Advanced Communications, and Global Dynamics. Within each cluster are several career-specific laboratories in which students complete industry-based projects and receive academic credit for advanced English, Science, Social Science and Technology.
- Environmental Science and Field Research ROP
- Business and Finance ROP (AM only)
- Hospitality and Event Management ROP (PM only)
- Cybersecurity ROP
- Marketing, Advertising, and Entrepreneurship ROP
- Web Application Development ROP
- Psychology and Human Behavior
- Digital Video Production and Broadcast ROP*
- Interactive Game Design ROP*
- Law and Order Policy
- Digital Media and Graphic Design ROP
- Engineering and Product Development ROP* (AM only)
- Robotics and Electronics ROP* (PM only)
- Forensic Research and Biotechnology*
**see CART brochure for prerequisites requirements